[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Are Full FreeBSD sources needed?

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:29:32 -0400 (EDT)

<<On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:00:57 -0700 (PDT), "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net> said:

> Is it preferable to build on a system with full libraries and sources?
> (Feel free to tell me that I have a gross conceptual error on the build
> process.)  I assume it is preferable to build against system installed
> libraries, rather than OpenAFS provided libraries.

I would not assume that just because a library has the same name as a
system library, it does the same thing.

You should not need to have any sources installed.  To the extent that
you do, I'd consider it a bug (albeit one that I may not be too eager
to fix).

-GAWollman