[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 Client Success!

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:54:54 -0700

--On Friday, October 01, 2004 8:21 PM -0700 "Jason C. Wells"
<jcw@highperformance.net> wrote:

> I have been bugging folks for FreeBSD status reports for a while now.  It
> is my turn to make one.  I have a working FreeBSD OpenAFS 1.3.71 client.
> I plan to do some stress testing to see if it pukes.

Yeah, it puked. :|

Writing from and to AFS even simultaneously worked fine.  Deleting was
problematic.  When running OpenAFS 1.3.71 on FreeBSD 5.2.1 an attempt to
delete an AFS file results in:

	panic: lockmgr:  locking against myself

If anyone is working on the port anymore, I will be glad to work this issue
in greater detail.  I don't have the skill to hack a fix.

Later,
Jason C. Wells