[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Re: OpenAFS on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> I will try to have a patch ready sometime tomorro.

Please try out http://people.freebsd.org/~bjk/openafs.diff -- it passed a
quick smoke-test on a 9.2-PRERELEASE VM that I had sitting around.

It includes a few other nice things than just the version support, like
having a proper dependency on NETWORKING instead of the non-existent
networking for server startup and not leaking references to cache entries
on pioctl operations.

Support for FreeBSD 10 is not quite finished -- well, more properly,
support for clang as the compiler is not quite finished, and FreeBSD 10
only supplies clang in the base system.  If you're using clang, you should
pass -mstack-realign in CFLAGS for now.  That may not end up being the
final workaround we go with (it's a pretty large hammer), but it should
produce LWP binaries which don't crash on startup, which is better than
the alternative.

-Ben