[OpenAFS-port-netbsd] coding conventions / standards?

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:09:08 -0500

I'm currently working on porting openafs to NetBSD.  [I'm most of the
way through getting the userland code to build at the moment..]

Have the gatekeepers come up with any coding conventions, standards,
baseline assumptions, etc?

It appears that a bunch of the accreted layers of ifdefs would be
significantly cleaned up if we could just assume a baseline of ANSI C
and POSIX.1 .. i.e., use <termios.h> for terminal manipuation,
strerror() instead of sys_errlist[], assume vfprintf exists rather
than defining it in terms of _doprnt(), etc., etc., etc.

Are the gatekeepers likely to accept changes which assume an ANSI
compiler and a POSIX.1 environment in userland?

Is anyone interested in testing some of these changes on other
platforms prior to submission to the gatekeepers?

Oh, and is anyone working on replacing the archaic Steve Miller DES
implementation with something better/faster/smaller/easier to build?

						- Bill