[Port-solaris] does AFS put an entry into /etc/dfs/fstypes on Solaris ?

Frank Batschulat (private) frank.batschulat@drusus.de
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:31:10 +0200

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:01:52 +0200, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> it doesn't and we don't advertise that it's needed. I take it we should

thanks Derrick, I'm about to clarify the interface level of fstypes(4) and its current & future
intent in particular for 3rd party remote file systems with our NFS brethren. I'll let you
and the list know about the outcome once the dust has settled.

there are several utlities in Solaris that make use of fstypes(4) in order to
determine whether or not a file system type is remote, this includes utilities
like dfshares(1m), mount(1m), df(1m), find(1m) and even zoneadmd(1m)

hence I think it would be benefitial beneficial for fstypes(4) to also know
about 3rd party pending general interface questions to be clarified.