[Port-solaris] Re: vn_setpath

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:48:46 -0600

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:07:29 +0100
"Frank Batschulat (private)" <frank.batschulat@drusus.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 19:40:31 +0100, Andrew Deason
> <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
> >> +#if defined(AFS_SUN511_ENV)
> >> +	    vn_renamepath(pvp, vp, aname2, strlen(aname2));
> >> +#else
> >
> > We usually do this kind of thing by testing directly for the
> > existence of the desired function. There is no problem with using
> > this as soon as it appears, correct?
>
> that is correct.

A small note on this for posterity... originally I did just do this for
SUN511_ENV, since it was easier with the existing autoconf stuff we had
for Solaris. But we got a report of breakage for the same reason on
Solaris 10; the change to vn_setpath appears to also have been
introduced in some patch for Solaris 10. So now we detect vn_renamepath
directly again, and use it wherever it's available.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net