[Port-solaris] RE: mkdir() performance on AFS client

Robert Milkowski rmilkowski@task.gda.pl
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 13:26:44 -0000

Update - Oracle has implemented a similar optimization as Linux has, so now
VFS layer will check if an object already exists and if it does it won't
even call a fs-specific callback. AFS and NFS benefit most. This is in
Solaris 11 + SRU17, and will be part of 11.2 release as well.