[Port-solaris] Won't Compile on Solaris11 x86

Ian Prideaux worzel@gmx.co.uk
Fri, 03 Jul 2015 15:55:23 +0100

--------------090401040600060109030903

Hi All,

I'm trying to get it to compile on a fresh build of Solaris11u2, with
all the updates from https://pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support/, on a guest
inside VirtualBox.

I had to remove the flags -KPIC -mt -xarch=amd64 from configure and
configure-libafs, because gcc 4.8.2 complained that these were unknown
flags.

However, it's now failing:

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
Current working directory /exportr/home/ian/openafs-1.6.12/src/shlibafsrpc

A google search seemed to think that adding the flag -fpic or -fPIC
would fix it, but it doesn't.

I'm running
SOLARISCC=/usr/bin/gcc ./configure --with-afs-sysname=sunx86_511

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

--------------090401040600060109030903

begin:vcard