[AFS3-std] Re: Review/Comments Extended Callback Information Draft

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:46:15 -0500

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 15:43:50 -0400 (EDT)
"Matt W. Benjamin" <matt@linuxbox.com> wrote:

> The text under discussion (as elsewhere posted) is here:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-benjamin-extendedcallbackinfo-00.txt
>
> If you are interested in the progress of AFS or the draft, your
> comments/feedback (positive or negative) are greatly appreciated.

I noticed in the Edinburgh hackathon logs (the transcribed jabber logs),
it was mentioned/suggested that time values in all RPCs should be moved
to 64 bits, and should have 100ns granularity. The XCB draft has 64 bit
time, but I don't think I see anything specifying granularity like that.

We need to specify that, don't we? Unless it's covered by something else
I'm not aware of.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net