[AFS3-std] New Version Notification for draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:45:50 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Russ Allbery and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-allbery-afs-srv-records
Revision:	 01
Title:		 DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS
Creation_date:	 2009-10-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:

This document specifies how to use DNS (Domain Name Service) SRV RRs
(Resource Records) to locate services for the AFS distributed file
system and how the priority and weight values of the SRV RR should be
interpreted in the server ranking system used by AFS.  It deprecates
use of the AFSDB RR to locate AFS cell database servers and provides
guidance for backward compatibility.

This draft is now available at:

    http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-01.txt

Diffs will shortly be available at:

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-allbery-afs-srv-records

This update incorporates the feedback received on this list and some
additional comments I received privately.  It permits AFS clients to use
additional information to influence the weighing algorithm, provides more
details about how to implement SRV RRs using server preference ranks,
fixes various bugs in the first specification, and adds some additional
cautions and useful information for implementers.

I won't be able to work on another draft, if required, until November, as
I'm about to go on vacation for a while, but please send feedback and I'll
process it when I get back.