[AFS3-std] Review/Comments Extended Callback Information Draft

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:30:02 -0400

Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> As subscribers to the afs3-standardization list know already, a
> hypothetical last draft of the Extended Callback Information
> proposal has been published, including changes requested at the
> Edinburgh AFS hackathon which just took place.
>
> The process we've agreed to follow resembles the IETF process,
> and as such, to become accepted, the draft needs to achieve
> consensus, which we'll know by comments posted to that list,
> approving it or raising issues/problems.
>
> The text under discussion (as elsewhere posted) is here:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-benjamin-extendedcallbackinfo-00.txt
>
> If you are interested in the progress of AFS or the draft, your
> comments/feedback (positive or negative) are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Hello Matt,

I reviewed the draft document again and I have no objections
to the content of the draft.

A minor editorial suggestion would be to clarify the wording
around the cancel event, and explain better how it relates
to the traditional lexicon of "breaking callbacks".

    const AFSCB_Event_Cancel = 1; /* extended */

And later, "the AFSCB_Event_Cancel message is similar to a
traditional AFS callback, breaking the call back promise,
and requesting the client not request further status on the FID."

Do you really mean "similar" here?

Excellent work, and thank you for your effort.

Mike --