[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.3 development release available
Derrick J Brashear
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:53:57 -0400 (EDT)
The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS Development
version 1.5.1 . Source files and available binaries can be
accessed via the web at:
or via AFS at:
Release 1.5.3 of OpenAFS is the fourth in a series of unstable
development builds leading up to the 1.6 stable release series.
1.5.3 includes the following changes since 1.5.2:
* Introduces new API for making ubik calls to AFS database services
* Fileserver contains fixes to preclude synchronous waits on ubik calls
from the fileserver to local cell protection database service.
* Backup suite prototyping and fixes.
* libcmd (the basis for all AFS command line programs) now supports
-version and -help.
* ACK tracking in Rx when not using pthreads or in kernel (such as in vos)
is now correct
* AIX 5 large file (>2gb) support fixes.
* Solaris 10 6/06 related issues with de-exported symbols and changes to
the VFS rename interface fixed.
* Servers now support Rx bound to a single network interface, to deal with
routing issues or to allow multiple instances of a service on a single
* fileserver - volserver communication can now be done on a unix domain
* MacOS and BSD interface detection code works correctly again (broken in
* PAG garbage collection is enabled by default on Linux
* Removes race conditions and a deadlock introduced in 1.4.1
* Fixes ANSI filename option.
* Establishes new connections to file servers when
IP address configuration changes are detected.
* Improved CIFS compatibility
* Cache Manager optimizations
* Fixes vlserver failover when mounting 'root.afs'
(Freelance mode disabled)
* Installs help files in the correct location for use by afscreds.exe
and afs control panel.
* Improve reporting of "over quota" and "disk full" errors.
* large file support has been added to CIFS and Cache Manager
* add new command "fs uuid [-generate]"
* Prevent crash when evaluating mount points to volumes that do
* Removes auto-registration of AFS ID in foreign ptservers from
Integrated Logon DLL. This prevents crashes if the DLL is loaded
and unloaded prior to termination of the process.
* Implements Inline Bulk Status AFS file server RPC.
* SDK moved to \Program Files\OpenAFS\SDK
Please Test and Submit Bug Reports:
Please assist us by testing this development release and providing
feedback. Bug reports should be filed to email@example.com.
Reports of success should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers