[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.2 beta 2 available
Derrick J Brashear
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:29:07 -0400 (EDT)
The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS version
1.4.2 beta 2. Source files and available binaries can
be accessed via the web at:
or via AFS at:
Changes since 1.4.1:
* Fixes a fileserver problem where a mobile client address or port change
can lead to a delay of about one minute when a fileserver first gets
traffic from the new address
* Avoid erroneously taking volumes offline when a resource allocation
failure occurs in the fileserver
* Fileserver contains fixes to preclude synchronous waits on
ubik calls from the fileserver to local cell protection database service.
* Backup suite prototyping and fixes.
* libcmd (the basis for all AFS command line programs) now
supports -version and -help.
* ACK tracking in Rx when not using pthreads or in kernel (such
as in vos) is now correct
* MacOS and BSD interface detection code works correctly again (broken in
* AIX 5 large file (>2gb) support fixes.
* Solaris 10 6/06 related issues with de-exported symbols and changes to
the VFS rename interface fixed.
* Servers now support Rx bound to a single network interface, to deal with
routing issues or to allow multiple instances of a service on a single
* PAG garbage collection is enabled by default on Linux
* Handle modern wire-protocol errors in locking code in client cache
* Fix syscall probing for Linux 2.6.9
* Enable variable ticket length support for kernel token cache
* Removes race conditions and a deadlock introduced in 1.4.1
* Fixes ANSI filename option.
* Establishes new connections to file servers when
IP address configuration changes are detected.
* Improved CIFS compatibility
* Cache Manager optimizations
* Fixes vlserver failover when mounting 'root.afs'
(Freelance mode disabled)
* Installs help files in the correct location for use by afscreds.exe
and afs control panel.
* Improve reporting of "over quota" and "disk full" errors.
* Prevent crash when evaluating mount points to volumes that do
* Removes auto-registration of AFS ID in foreign ptservers from
Integrated Logon DLL. This prevents crashes if the DLL is loaded
and unloaded prior to termination of the process.
* SDK moved to \Program Files\OpenAFS\SDK
Please Test and Submit Bug Reports:
Please assist us by testing this development release and providing
feedback. Bug reports should be filed to email@example.com.
Reports of success should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers