[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.2-beta3 available
Derrick J Brashear
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:56:51 -0400 (EDT)
The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS version
1.4.2 beta 3. Source files and available binaries can
be accessed via the web at:
or via AFS at:
Changes since 1.4.1:
* Remove use of ubik_Call in the source code so prototypes are used.
* Avoid synchrony in call from the fileserver to the ptserver.
* Fix a bug in the backup suite when restoring.
* fileserver and volserver now log for error conditions which may cause
* rx avoids a stack overrun when more packets are needed.
* volserver avoids holding a lock too long when purging volumes.
* tsm is updated to work with the new AIX 5 interface.
* Cross compile fixes
* Packaging improvements
* Removes race conditions and a deadlock introduced in 1.4.1
* Fixes ANSI filename option.
* Establishes new connections to file servers when
IP address configuration changes are detected.
* Improved CIFS compatibility
* Cache Manager optimizations
* Fixes vlserver failover when mounting 'root.afs'
(Freelance mode disabled)
* Installs help files in the correct location for use by afscreds.exe
and afs control panel.
* Improve reporting of "over quota" and "disk full" errors.
* Prevent crash when evaluating mount points to volumes that do
* Removes auto-registration of AFS ID in foreign ptservers from
Integrated Logon DLL. This prevents crashes if the DLL is loaded
and unloaded prior to termination of the process.
* SDK moved to \Program Files\OpenAFS\SDK
* NSIS and WiX Installer Frameworks update to the latest versions
* Improvements to the Kerberos Logon Integration
Please Test and Submit Bug Reports:
Please assist us by testing this development release and providing
feedback. Bug reports should be filed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports of success should be sent to email@example.com.
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers