[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.6 development release available
Derrick J Brashear
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:14:49 -0400 (EDT)
The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS Development
version 1.5.6 . Source files and available binaries can be
accessed via the web at:
or via AFS at:
Release 1.5.6 of OpenAFS is the sixth in a series of unstable
development builds leading up to the 1.6 stable release series.
1.5.6 includes the following changes since 1.5.5:
* Fix syscall prototyping issue.
* New style (keyring) PAG support.
* Improved configure-time kernel feature tests.
* Packaging improvements.
All non-Windows platforms:
* modern autoconf used to build release configure tools.
* Removes race conditions and a deadlock introduced in 1.4.1
* Fixes ANSI filename option.
* Establishes new connections to file servers when
IP address configuration changes are detected.
* Improved CIFS compatibility
* Ignore CIFS timeouts. Use AFS RPC Hard Dead Timeouts.
* Cache Manager optimizations
* Fixes vlserver failover when mounting 'root.afs'
(Freelance mode disabled)
* Installs help files in the correct location for use by afscreds.exe
and afs control panel.
* Improve reporting of "over quota" and "disk full" errors.
* large file support has been added to CIFS and Cache Manager
* add new command "fs uuid [-generate]"
* Prevent crash when evaluating mount points to volumes that do
* Removes auto-registration of AFS ID in foreign ptservers from
Integrated Logon DLL. This prevents crashes if the DLL is loaded
and unloaded prior to termination of the process.
* Implements Inline Bulk Status AFS file server RPC.
* SDK moved to \Program Files\OpenAFS\SDK
* NSIS and WiX Installer Frameworks updated to the latest versions
* Improved Kerberos Logon Integration
* Prevent exception in Integrated Logon DLL which could result in
windows terminating unexpectedly. Only occurs during sysprep.
* Prevent display of MessageBox dialogs in response to network adapter
* GlobalAutoMapper functions moved to a separate thread in order to
allow the OpenAFS service to start when there are errors in
* Restrict Hard Dead and Connection Timeout values to the CIFS Session
Timeout value. This is being done to reduce the number of virtual
circuits being prematurely terminated by the CIFS client.
* Fix code that writes the BackConnectionsHostNames registry value to
ensure that the correct length is used
for the OpenAFS gatekeepers
OpenAFS-announce mailing list