[OpenAFS] windows client and Office2003 issues

matt cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:50:24 +1200

Hi

Is anyone else having issues with Office2003 (namely word) and AFS based
files?

If we open a word document from afs drive root (i.e. g:\word.doc) word
crashes.

Opening the same file from g:\folder\word.doc works?

If we save a file to afs space with the default install of word, word
locks up often or at least is very slow. If we turn off background saves
and enable fastsaves in the word options word seems to work again.

Is this a simpler problem to the VS.2003 projects not able to be created
in AFS? At the moment all the VS users use a temp directory on the hard
drive for VS work and copy their work back to AFS when finished.

Cheers

Matt

PS openafs-info@openafs.org seems broken