[OpenAFS] Localized (non en_US version) of 1.5.68 for Windows available?

Holger Rauch holger.rauch@empic.de
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:18:23 +0100

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

Hi Jeffrey,

first of all, thanks a lot for your reply.

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> [...]=20
> You can contact Microsoft support to identify where the localized
> versions of the hot fixes can be obtained.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but that wasn't really my point. My point was
whether or not these hot fixes are really *required* for a smooth
operation of OpenAFS 1.5.68 on a Win XP SP3 (32 bit) system. Are they?

> [...]=20
> I maintain a copy of the loopback installer at
>=20
> \\afs\athena.mit.edu\user\j\a\jaltman\Public\openafs\Support\instloop.zip
>=20
> unzip the binaries and execute "instloop -i".   You can report any
> errors you receive.

Thanks for sharing this. It seems to me that I got the same error as
if the loopback device was installed from the OpenAFS installer.
Here's the transcript of the install session ("instloop -i"):

=3D=3D=3D

H:\>instloop -i
Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter
 (Note: This may take up to a minute or two...)
Running SetIpAddress()...:[][][0]
Intializing COM:[][][0]
Creating Wbem Locator object:[][][0]
Connecting to WMI:[][][0]
Connected to WMI:[][][0]
Found adapter:[][{5F1234D6-2CA6-4F6C-A9EB-ADB287D96FB8}][0]
Found Adapter Instance:[][Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.Index=3D18][0]
Calling ExecMethod EnableStatic NOW...          :[][][0]
EnableStatic failed :[][][96]
Trying again in 20 seconds...:[][][0]
Trying again in 10 seconds...:[][][0]
Trying again in  5 seconds...:[][][0]
Calling ExecMethod EnableStatic NOW...          :[][][0]
EnableStatic failed :[][][96]
Trying again in 3 seconds...:[][][0]
Calling ExecMethod EnableStatic NOW...          :[][][0]
EnableStatic failed :[][][96]
Trying again in 3 seconds...:[][][0]
Calling ExecMethod EnableStatic NOW...          :[][][0]

=3D=3D=3D

Any idea as to what the problem might be? Was the loopback adapter perhaps =
already
installed and I simply wasn't aware of that?

If so, how can I skip this step when invoking the OpenAFS installer
(just in order to avoid this error the next time)?

Thanks in advance & kind regards,

       Holger

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--