[OpenAFS] Localized (non en_US version) of 1.5.68 for Windows available?

Holger Rauch holger.rauch@empic.de
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:19:07 +0100

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

Hi Jeffrey,

first of all, thanks for your quick reply.

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> [...]=20
> Those hotfixes listed as CRITICAL! are very strongly recommended.
> The content of those hot fixes are built into Vista SP2, 2008 SP2, and
> Win7.  Failure to install the hot fixes can result in Windows kernel
> deadlocks and loss of all SMB file system access.  Not everyone
> experiences the problem.  Your mileage may vary.

OK, I (or rather my company) will contact MS.

> [...]=20
> The EnableStatic method of the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WMI
> class is failing with error 96 "Unable to notify DNS service".  My best
> guess is that your machine is configured for dynamic DNS updates.  I
> haven't seen this behavior in the past.

No, it isn't. The machine is a "regular" Windows client machine and has a f=
ixed
IP address and is also already registered with a DNS entry.

Any other network operation works without any problems.

Would the output of "ipconfig /all" be any helpful for solving this
problem?

Thanks in advance & kind regards,

       Holger

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5