[OpenAFS] Windows 7, 1.7.2, 64 bit, sloooow boot up. Anyone else?

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:43:42 -0700

I'm experiencing an increase of several minutes in startup time when the
1.7.2 OpenAFS service [RDR interface] is enabled, relative to startup
time when the service is disabled and then started manually.

If I start the service after boot up has completed, it starts very
quickly (seconds.)

I've disabled cache validation, which, in any case, does not appear to
contribute to longer startup times, since starting with no cache [delete
before restart] shows no significant differences.

Event logs show AFS starting quickly -- so am thinking I am looking at
some sort of conflict with another service.

I'm still looking into this and will report back with anything I find,
but am curious if anyone else is having similar experiences, and if
anyone may have suggestions.

Thanks!

Kim