[AFS3-std] AFS Standardisation

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:01:55 -0400

>What do you mean by "coordinators"?
>
>The Group Chairs are elected by the Community.
>
>The Registrars are specified in the proposal as:
>"The registrars would be initially comprised of the current registrar,
>plus a representative from each of the currently available AFS
>implementations (IBM, OpenAFS, kAFS and Arla)"
>[...]

Am I the only one who has been finding this too damn complicated?

My suggestion: Every time we need to standardize something in AFS, we
lock the Jeffs, Derrick, and Russ in a room.  Anyone who objects to this
process gets locked in the room with them.  No one is allowed to leave
the room until the appropriate document is completed.  We can call this
the "Steel Cage Match" process.

I'm kidding ... mostly.

--Ken