[AFS3-std] AFS Standardisation

Jake Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis@gmail.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:09:19 -0400

------=_Part_34323_19478749.1219248559992

> Am I the only one who has been finding this too damn complicated?
>
> My suggestion: Every time we need to standardize something in AFS, we
> lock the Jeffs, Derrick, and Russ in a room.  Anyone who objects to this
> process gets locked in the room with them.  No one is allowed to leave
> the room until the appropriate document is completed.  We can call this
> the "Steel Cage Match" process.

This might be a good plan, until we have a freak accident wherein a city bus
somehow finds itself launched into the room, and there are no survivors.

> The Registrars are specified in the proposal as:
> "The registrars would be initially comprised of the current registrar,
> plus a representative from each of the currently available AFS
> implementations (IBM, OpenAFS, kAFS and Arla)"

Actually, valid point raised above. Suppose there aren't representatives
available/willing/able to represent one or more of the current AFS
implementations?
--
Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (320) 288-6412

------=_Part_34323_19478749.1219248559992

Am I the only one who has been finding this too damn complicated?<br>
My suggestion: Every time we need to standardize something in AFS, we<br>
lock the Jeffs, Derrick, and Russ in a room. &nbsp;Anyone who objects to this<br>
process gets locked in the room with them. &nbsp;No one is allowed to leave<br>
the room until the appropriate document is completed. &nbsp;We can call this<br>
the &quot;Steel Cage Match&quot; process.<br>
city bus somehow finds itself launched into the room, and there are no
survivors.<br clear="all">
&quot;The registrars would be initially comprised of the current registrar,<br>
plus a representative from each of the currently available AFS<br>

------=_Part_34323_19478749.1219248559992--