[AFS3-std] Second Draft of Standardisation Document

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:38:04 -0700

Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> writes:

> Rerunning the election, in whatever form, is likely to be time
> consuming, and probably result in a vanishingly small turnout the second
> time round. Should we just give the outgoing chair a casting vote?

Personally, I'd be comfortable with just flipping a coin.

One way to flip a coin would be to give the position to whoever's MD5 hash
of their name lexicographically sorts earlier.  It has the minor potential
drawback that the tiebreaker would be known in advance, though.