[AFS3-std] Second Draft of Standardisation Document

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:57:10 -0400

--On Friday, August 29, 2008 10:56:40 AM -0400 David Boyes
<dboyes@sinenomine.net> wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you think that principle means.  Normally it refers
>> the concept of a single individual with ultimate decision-making
> power,
>> who
>> has both the ability to override any decision made by someone else and
> the
>> inability to pass responsibility on to someone else.  We don't have
> anyone
>> like that in our organization.
>
> Yet. People are people, wherever you go. It *will* happen, and it needs
> to be planned for.

I'm sorry, David, but your comment doesn't make any sense to me in the
context of this conversation about how to handle ties in chair elections.

-- Jeff