[AFS3-std] Second Draft of Standardisation Document: Registrars

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:47:11 -0400

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
> Would you be satisfied with language allowing the registrars to eject one of
> their own?  If not, what else do you think is necessary?

Yes.

> Note that if the registrar process breaks, the standardization group is
> always free to pick up the pieces (tables) and do the job some other way.
>
>> I think it will also help registrars in recruiting new ones: for example:
>
> Maybe, but that's not a reason to set it down in the stone of a process
> document.  If the registrars want to ask for commitments for a particular
> length of time, or review membership periodically, let them decide that.

That's a good point.  And I'm fine with letting the registrars decide
that on their own (and change it as they need w/o needing to get the
full weight of the standardizations process involved).

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation