[AFS3-std] Second Draft of Standardisation Document

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:37:48 -0400

--On Friday, August 29, 2008 03:31:20 PM -0500 Jake Thebault-Spieker
<summatusmentis@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you mean by "voting members".  But yes, if a given
>> implementation doesn't care to nominate a registrar, we'll just have to
>> have fewer bootstrap registrars.  We can't force people to serve.
>>

> Is it worth checking out each of the current implementations, seeing if
> the community/developers are willing/able to provide a registrar, and
> modify the document accordingly?  It seems misleading to provide
> stipulation as to who will be part of the bootstrap process, and then
> potentially have some implementations not provide a registrar.

If any change is necessary, it should be sufficient to note that some
implementations might choose not to nominate a registrar.