[AFS3-std] Second Draft of Standardisation Document

Jake Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis@gmail.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:31:20 -0500

------=_Part_25360_14753230.1220041880507

> I'm not sure what you mean by "voting members".  But yes, if a given
> implementation doesn't care to nominate a registrar, we'll just have to have
> fewer bootstrap registrars.  We can't force people to serve.

Is it worth checking out each of the current implementations, seeing if the
community/developers are willing/able to provide a registrar, and modify the
document accordingly?  It seems misleading to provide stipulation as to who
will be part of the bootstrap process, and then potentially have some
implementations not provide a registrar.

On a completely unrelated note, On pg. 6, the first paragraph, that reads
In addition, by submitting this Internet-Draft, to the extent that
this Internet-Draft or any portionthereof is protected by copyright
and other rights of authorship, the Contributor, and each named
co-Contributor, and the organization he or she represents or is
sponsored by (if any) grant a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive,
royalty-free, world-wide right and license to any and all persons
under all intellectual property rights in this Internet-Draft:

should say "[...]or any portion thereof[...]". Minor spelling stuff, but
important nonetheless :)

--
Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (320) 288-6412