[AFS3-std] RxOSD claim on 2 structure members

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:37:07 -0500

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
> I do not really understand the benefit of this model given the
> standardization process that we have.  Any organization that wants to
> register a private RPC is free to do so.  If you have something that
> you want to develop in house, register the RPCs that you are using,
> define the structures that you want and go about your business.

Can I register such an RPC without providing any additional information
about what it does or who I am?  E.g. if I actually want to keep it
private, I serious doubt that I would attempt to "register" it with any
authority at all.

<<CDC