[AFS3-std] [RPC Request] 64-bit volume IDs, quotas, and block usages

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:47:30 +0100

On 23 Jun 2009, at 02:05, David Boyes wrote:

> The RFC template serves many other organizations well and I think we
> all understand it and understand the level of detail required.
> Perhaps that might be a good starting place.

That's exactly what our standardisation mechanism requires ...

However, what I think we're interested in at present is expressions of
intent. As a group we currently have no idea about what changes people
are considering making. This is of particular relevance to RPC changes
due to the desire to batch these up, so we don't end up with a new RPC
for every protocol change. I don't believe that what we're aiming for
at the moment is fully formed proposals - I'd always envisaged these
as part of the second round, once we have determined those changes we
intend on making at this stage.

Cheers,

Simon.