[AFS3-std] First order of Business - AFS Standardization Process

Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:53:59 -0500

--------------enigDDA5A2DC107F0234DAE5BD7A

On 12/6/2010 4:41 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> --On Monday, December 06, 2010 02:45:57 PM -0600 "Douglas E. Engert"
> <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:
>=20
>> Section 2.3.3 also states it needs to be confirmed that the RFC editor=
>> are happy with this process, and submitting this document as
>> an individual document to the RFC editors would confirm that they are
>> happy.
>=20
> I believe Jeff Altman had a conversation with RFC-Editor folks before w=
> started down this path.  Perhaps he'd like to confirm that?

There have been major changes to the RFC-Editor functions for the
independent submissions track since our standardization process began.
I am not aware that anyone has spoken with the new editor regarding
AFS3 standards documents.

Once we were at the point of obtaining chairs, I felt it would be
best for the new chairs to hold those discussions.