[AFS3-std] Re: Consensus Call - AFS3-Standardization Charter

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:50:46 -0500

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:08:12 -0400
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> Please take the time to review
> draft-wilkinson-afs3-standardization-00.txt.  Send your questions and
> comments to <afs3-standardization@openafs.org>.  Please comment even
> if it's just to say "I support this" or "I oppose this".  Please send
> your comments in by Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

I support this.

I'd like to bring attention to a couple of things about the charter, but
these don't affect my support, and I certainly don't want these to hold
up moving forwards. Anyway:

I don't think I see anything mentioning a process for changing the AFS
standardization process itself. Is it perhaps just the same as
submitting a proposal for the AFS protocol?

Also,

>> 2.3.3.  Document States and Series
>>[...]
>> The intention is that standard documents will be submitted by their
>> authors to the RFC-Editor as an individual submission.  Upon
>> successful completion of the RFC-Editor process, the resulting RFCs
>> should be linked to by the group chairs, and referenced by the
>> relevant registries.  Whilst this usage appears consistent with the
>> individual submission process, it needs to be confirmed that the RFC
>> Editor is happy with this.

Has this been done?

--
Andrew Deason