[AFS3-std] chairs?

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:36:33 -0500

On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:09 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> Have we declared the election done yet? I understand the desire to do
> it 'right' the first time, but there comes a point at which we need to
> move on, and while I don't know when it was, it was.

If the tentative chairs have no objection, let's have them move ahead on =
any
chair-ish business as if the vote had succeeded. The only downsides I =
see are that nothing they do is official until the vote is formalized, =
and that there is the small chance the third counter will come up with =
some different election result.

If David doesn't surface after appropriate nagging, we could punt the =
issue to the IETF higher-ups for guidance.

We could ask the voters to re-send their votes to a different vote =
counter. I'd be happy to receive them. With Thomas Kula right down the =
hall, it would be fast and easy to keep on top of the incoming votes and =
nag those voters who hadn't re-sent. This assumes, of course, that it =
doesn't cause the IETF higher-ups to have a conniption.

Should a full re-vote be required, I'd be happy to serve as third =
counter and would withdraw as candidate. Somehow I doubt the result =
would be changing in my favor. :-)

Steve=