[AFS3-std] chairs?

Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:41:45 -0500

--------------enig89FC4D9097C465380A5EF7A0

On 11/12/2010 10:36 AM, Steve Simmons wrote:

> If David doesn't surface after appropriate nagging, we could punt the i=
ssue to the IETF higher-ups for guidance.

> We could ask the voters to re-send their votes to a different vote coun=
ter. I'd be happy to receive them. With Thomas Kula right down the hall, =
it would be fast and easy to keep on top of the incoming votes and nag th=
ose voters who hadn't re-sent. This assumes, of course, that it doesn't c=
ause the IETF higher-ups to have a conniption.

There are no IETF higher ups.  The AFS3 Standardization process is not
part of the IETF.
Personally I think we need to move on.   This process has been drawn out
too long as it is.
We are supposed to be modeled on the ideas of the IETF consensus
decision making process.
I think that the elected chairs need to decide whether or not there is
consensus to move
forward or not.

Jeffrey Altman