[AFS3-std] chairs?

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:46:54 -0700

I'm quiet, but do follow this.

We either need to legitimize the election, or do it over.  And we need
to do it now.  Staying in limbo like this is counterproductive and
undermines credibility.

We're not a club, meeting in a tree house; we're a group of
professionals trying to be recognized as a standards organization.

We need to set rules and abide by them, lest we be recognized in ways we
won't enjoy.

Our election rules don't work.

We don't therefore ignore them, we therefore fix them.

Vote counters could be given a fixed period in which to respond -- and
then, given a quorum of vote counters, the election could be declared
legitimate.  If there is no quorum of vote counters, then the election
is not legitimate and must be done over.

Kim

P.S. This is potentially unfair to the currently elected, but I doubt
the results will change.

I for one will vote for the currently elected, as I consider the
election legit and don't want the results to change.

Presumably most voters will vote the same way they did before.