[AFS3-std] chairs?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:20:40 -0500

--On Friday, November 12, 2010 07:59:46 PM +0000 Simon Wilkinson
<simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> Anyone who doesn't believe there is a backlog has, frankly, just
> not been paying attention.

There's certainly plenty to be done.  But I don't think it's fair to say
there's a "backlog" resulting from not yet having David's counts.  As I
noted before, discussion does not require chairs.  Editing and updating
documents in response to comments does not require chairs.  Achieving
consensus does not require chairs.  Furthermore, prior to the start of the
election process, we were operating informally, and that didn't prevent us
from effectively agreeing things were done and getting them implemented.

Since I issued a consensus call on the provisional charter on July 7, there
have been 19 messages discussing one document (PTS name mapping), which
resulted in 3 revisions to that document and, hopefully, something closer
to consensus on that document; all of that discussion occurred within a
one-week period.  There was also one message from Tom announcing a new
version of the AFSVol TLV document, to which there were no replies.

So, maybe one document is stalled waiting for chairs to issue a consensus
call.  Maybe.  There is certainly not a "backlog" of work waiting for
chairs' attention.

-- Jeff