[AFS3-std] Call for consensus on the election of the co-chairs

Felix Frank Felix.Frank@alumni.tu-berlin.de
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:11:06 +0100

On 11/12/2010 11:00 PM, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> I move, that without objection from the two vote counters who should
> have the final say in the mater, that we have a 1 week call for
> consensus starting now, that the election results are adopted.
>

> dboyes@sinenomine.net has seconded this.
>

> If we are to move on and have chairs, without the third vote counter
> we should call for a vote of consensus, on moving on. I was hopping the
> 2 vote counters would have done this, but they have only expressed their
> personal options.
>
> So far I have heard two options:
>
> (1) Move on with the two chairs, Hartmut and myself
>
> (2) Hold a new election. (I think this was expressed in frustration.)
>
> No one has expressed an option that there was any problem with the vote
> count,
> and the third vote count has been silent.

I was going to suggest something along those lines. Option (3) as I see
it is consenting that both (a) the rules need amending as per Kim's
suggestions and (b) these amendments should apply retroactively to the
past election.

But your's is simpler ;-)

Consider (1) seconded (no pun intended).

Sincerely,
Felix