[AFS3-std] Preliminary Election Results

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:26:03 -0400

According to the timeline announced when the election process began, the
close of voting was Tuesday, September 7 at 23:59 UTC.  The draft charter
under which we've agreed to run these elections has the following to say
about what happens next (section 2.2.2):

   At the end of the election, each vote-taker shall independently count
   the votes received and post to the group list the total number of
   votes received by each candidate, and the email addresses of all
   those who voted.  Under no circumstances shall the nature of
   individual votes be revealed.  The candidate who receives the most
   votes is elected as the incoming chair.

And, with regard to initial bootstrapping (seection 3):

   The chair with
   the lower number of votes would serve a 1 year term, the chair with
   the higher number, 2 years as normal.

Consistent with this, in my role as vote-taker, I have tallied the votes I
received and arrived at the numbers shown below.  These results are
preliminary, because they must be confirmed by independent counts performed
by the other two vote-takers.

    17  Hartmut Reuter
    11  Doug Engert
     7  Alf Wachsmann
     3  David Boyes
     2  Kim Kimball
     1  Steve Simmons
     0  Marshall Vale

One voter only voted for a single candidate.

The following people voted:

  adeason@sinenomine.net
  alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  cclausen@acm.org
  christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
  dboyes@sinenomine.net
  deengert@anl.gov
  felix.frank@alumni.tu-berlin.de
  gtb@slac.stanford.edu
  jaltman@secure-endpoints.com
  jason@rampaginggeek.com
  jhutz@cmu.edu
  kwc@umich.edu
  marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
  matt@linuxbox.com
  mmeffie@sinenomine.net
  rra@stanford.edu
  scs@umich.edu
  shadow@dementia.org
  simon@sxw.org.uk
  steven.jenkins@gmail.com
  tkeiser@sinenomine.net

Thanks to the candidates and to everyone who voted, and congratulations to
the new chairs.