[AFS3-std] Re: A call for consensus on draft-deason-afs3-type-time-02

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:13:50 -0700

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:
> On 8/1/2011 1:50 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:

>>> I have a strong desire to ensure that everything that can be represented
>>> in an NTFS file system can be represented in AFS.

>> Does that include timestamps prior to 1970, just to check?

> Yes.

Okay, so you *do* care about what epoch is used, unless we use a time
definition that allows for negative offsets from the epoch.

Does Microsoft have documentation for how the Windows epoch deals with
Gregorian calendar conversions and leap seconds?