[AFS3-std] Re: A call for consensus on draft-deason-afs3-type-time-02

Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:05:36 -0400

--------------enigF4A4B8C5B5CC41684FB59F42

On 8/1/2011 2:13 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Okay, so you *do* care about what epoch is used, unless we use a time
> definition that allows for negative offsets from the epoch.

I am fine with negative offsets from epoch if that is what people want.

> Does Microsoft have documentation for how the Windows epoch deals with
> Gregorian calendar conversions and leap seconds?

There isn't anything that pops out at me from Google.

If you can provide me a list of boundary times to check I can construct
a test application that uses SYSTEMTIME to FILETIME conversions to test
the results of various time arithmetic operations.

typedef struct _SYSTEMTIME {
  WORD wYear;
  WORD wMonth;
  WORD wDayOfWeek;