[AFS3-std] Re: Voting for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:15:35 -0500

> I'm not sure what you are suggesting?

I am suggesting that in the future, the process be changed to require a sta=
tement like the one Simon requested from all candidates. I am also suggesti=
ng that while it would be nice to have that for this election voluntarily, =
not having it should not be a valid basis for rejecting a candidate for the=
 current election, since the request occurred after the official start of t=
he voting period.=20

I don't have any problem with someone providing a statement. I do have a pr=
oblem with people stating that they will reject out of hand a candidate tha=
t does not provide one if the request was not present at the start of votin=
g.=20

> I'm not sure if you are suggesting that such statements are _required_
> (those that don't send one are disqualified), or that nominees _cannot_ s=
end
> such statements. Both of those sound like rule changes to me moreso than
> the original requests, but perhaps I am drastically misreading you.

See above. I would like to see evidence that a candidate has thought about =
the long-term process and what they intend to do as chair.=20