[AFS3-std] Voting for the position of AFS3-standardization co-chair

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:36:59 -0400

Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> As an elector, it would help me in casting my vote if the candidates
> would be prepared to say something on the list about their vision for
> the standardisation process, what time they are prepared to devote to
> the job, and how they think we can best move things forwards.

I agree it is a reasonable request, Simon.

If I had the opporunity to co-chair the group, firstly I would do my
best to provide to the group regular, periodic updates of the work in
progress, the status of work in progress, and public and private
reminders as needed. I would like to include timelines which should show
where we stand on documents to ensure we are moving forward in a timely
fashion.

I have participated in industry-standard forums in the past, although
not related to IETF, and understand the issues of fairness and
cooperation which is required to build a consensus.

In terms of time, I understand this position will require some time per
work week and would be able to dedicate time each week to facilitate the
standardization process.

Mike --