[AFS3-std] New version of the 64-bit time I-D (-03)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:29:32 -0500

draft-deason-afs3-type-time-03 has been posted and is available at

<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deason-afs3-type-time/>

This changes the epoch of the absolute time types to the Unix epoch, and
changes the names to include '64' in them. Some discussion about
differing time granularities and pre-UTC dates has been added.

There are a lot of changes between -02 and -03, most of which are just
to accommodate the changes in epoch and type names, and other minor
stuff like that. While I appreciate feedback on anything in the
document, sections 5 (Resolution Limitations) and 6 (Times Before UTC)
are completely new, and contain more substantive new text than any other
changes. So, if you don't want to read the whole thing again, I'd urge
you to at least read those two sections.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net