[AFS3-std] Re: Encoding IPvN addresses (was Re: first draft: ubik update proposal)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 14:26:54 -0600

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:09:23 -0500 (EST)
"Matt W. Benjamin" <matt@linuxbox.com> wrote:

> I am probably misunderstanding something, but is it the case that the
> address types of the future problem is the same one addressed by RFC
> 5665?  If so, would it be applicable?

This sounds like exactly what we want (to the naive me). It even answers
the questions I was about to ask about whether we wanted to involve the
transport layer and the port number.

If I'm reading this correctly, everything is in ASCII strings on the
wire, though, which sounds pretty awful. But my first impression is that
that is a small price to pay to not have to come up with our own whole
separate system.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net