[AFS3-std] draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names to Experimental

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:45:32 +0000

On 7 Mar 2011, at 21:40, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-08 =
(when
> the page appears, it has been submitted already) changes to
> intended status experimental, and otherwise matches the 7 bis which
> achieved consensus previously.

Okay, so this isn't the way to go about this. "Experimental" refers to =
the IETF's stream of "Experimental" RFCs - it's an IETF track, that we =
shouldn't be publishing in. My understanding is that in order to use the =
independent submissions track all of our documents have to be =
"Informational" - so I suspect you'll be getting a load of queries from =
puzzled IETFers around about now.=20

My understanding was that in order to move this forwards, our working =
group chairs were going to talk to the Independent Submissions Editor. =
Has anyone started on that yet?

Cheers,

Simon.