[AFS3-std] draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names to Experimental

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:55:28 -0500

-09 in a moment with only that change.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> On 7 Mar 2011, at 21:40, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-08 (wh=
en
>> the page appears, it has been submitted already) changes to
>> intended status experimental, and otherwise matches the 7 bis which
>> achieved consensus previously.
>
> Okay, so this isn't the way to go about this. "Experimental" refers to th=
e IETF's stream of "Experimental" RFCs - it's an IETF track, that we should=
n't be publishing in. My understanding is that in order to use the independ=
ent submissions track all of our documents have to be "Informational" - so =
I suspect you'll be getting a load of queries from puzzled IETFers around a=
bout now.

> My understanding was that in order to move this forwards, our working gro=
up chairs were going to talk to the Independent Submissions Editor. Has any=
one started on that yet?

> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

--=20