[AFS3-std] Re: New version of draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:58:24 -0500

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:07:36 -0500
Tom Keiser <tkeiser@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> 1) line 213:

ACK

> 2) line 276:

ACK

> 3) Section 8: AIUI, when we allocate a new namespace, it is customary
> to prescribe an allocation policy for the namespace (e.g., AFS3-STDS
> Consensus--see http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/afs3-standardization/2010-April/000669.html
> for further details from JHutz)

Yeah, that's fine with me. I'd like to give more than half to the
registrar, given the small amount of bitspace available. Would 24 bits
for the registrar and 8 bits for "private use" be okay, or is that too
lop-sided?

Should we say anything about AFSVolDumpV2 flag namespace allocation at
the same time, or should it just be left alone as an extant RPC?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net