[AFS3-std] Re: New version of the AFS 64-bit time I-D

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 6 May 2011 17:29:45 -0500

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:29:43 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> We discussed this at the hackathon. One of the things that came up
> (and that has been reiterated by the RPC refresh work) is that the
> difference between AFSTime and AFSTimestamp is unclear from the name,
> and people get confused about what they are specifying.
>
> How about AFSTime (no resolution), AFSRelTime (relative, no
> resolution) and AFSTimeRes (absolute, with resolution)

I think I heard someone may have wanted something for 'absolute' in the
first type name... would AFSAbsTime, AFSRelTime, and AFSTimeRes be okay?

Also, should I put the "this is not an IETF standard" paragraph
somewhere in the front matter? Does it go in an existing section, or
should I make a new one? That is, this paragraph from the ISE
discussions:

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net