[AFS3-std] Claim on 2 RXAFS code points for private use

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:57:31 -0500

Sine Nomine Associates would like to use two RPC code points in the
RXAFS package for institution-private use. I have been unable to get a
response from the AFS-3 registrars for the past couple of months for
proper code point allocation, and I am unable to wait any longer.

So, I am simply "announcing" here that we're using two code points, and
am just hoping that there is no collision. Most people I am aware of
that have any interest in modifying the AFS-3 protocol read this list,
so this is the best place to do so that I know of. The last allocated
RXAFS code point on registrar.central.org is 65608. I'll leave some
space to try and make sure I don't collide with someone else, so I will
claim 65709 and 65710.

I do apologize for not following the proper procedures and all, and I do
not wish this to be any kind of precedent for such behavior, but I don't
know what else to do. If anyone knows of a possible collision with these
numbers or has any problems with this, please speak up and I will
accomodate as best I can.

I would also be fine with just using code points in a "site-local" or
"experimental" range or something, but as far as I am aware such a thing
does not exist.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net