[AFS3-std] more than a year later...

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:46:27 -0500

On 9/27/2011 9:15 AM, David Boyes wrote:
>> 6 months later...
>
> Now that the handover apparently is complete, could the new chairs comm=
ent on the estimated publication schedule for the documents in queue?

As Jeff pointed out he does not take office till 10/1.

There has been no schedule. What has been going on is the attempt to get =
the
first document through the IETF Independent Submission Process.
I believe the ISE is still waiting on two of the three reviewers: Simon a=
nd Jeff A.
See note below.

See:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names/

Having a group like ours submitting Independent drafts was and still
is a new idea for the IETF and this groups when round and round
over the last few years trying to get that concept by the IETF.

So in the view of this lame-duck co-chair, it would be best to
get the first draft through the process before proceeding with others.

The new co-chairs will have to decide on any new course of action.

On 8/16/2011 I sent this not to the list:

Our first draft is moving through the IETF Independent Submission Process=
,
and is now waiting for the author.

As far as I know, the two other reviewers have not sent in their reviews.
and it would be good have have all the reviews in before submitting a new=
 draft.