[AFS3-std] Re: XDR extensible union type

Tom Keiser tkeiser@sinenomine.net
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:54:44 -0400

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Matt W. Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com> wrot=
e:
> Hi,
>
> I think my intuition is that an implementation should stop when the impli=
ed length becomes absurd. =A0Your idea of a max leg length does seem helpfu=
l, since it lets us have a shared definition of what is unreasonable.

Matt,

Thank you for your comments.  I am inclined to publish a -04
incorporating the grammar extensions I outlined a few weeks ago.
However, that will delay resolution of this document by a minimum of
six weeks (although, given Doug's comments regarding a preference for
serialization on draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names, this is
unlikely to introduce any real latency).  Unless I hear objections, I
will publish a -04 early next week.

Cheers,

-Tom