[AFS3-std] Fwd: future of the AFSDB RR related IANA registry

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:21:58 +0000

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 21:47, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Forwarding this along to reach more of the AFS community. =A0I wrote back
> and said that I agreed with the closing of the registry and would be very
> surprised if anyone objected or anticipated further AFSDB record type
> registrations, but that I'd pass along any objections.

One should never say never, but the probability of a new
registration would seem to be close enough to zero to
be declared zero.  SRV records are the agreed upon
future (even though AFSDB records will exist in bind
(and its competitors) forever).

Gary